About the Journal
Focus and Scope
PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat is a journal that was developed to disseminate and discuss scientific papers on health development and other research of health.
The journal is intended as a medium of communication for those who were interested to study health, among others, for researchers, educators, students, practitioners Department of Health, Public Health Service, and public generally who have an interest in it. The journal is trying to meet the growing need to study health.
Being a leading national journals in the field of health research and leading a reputable international journals.
Providing scientific communication media in health research in order to advance science and technology in related fields. Publishing scientific journal in the field of medical research that seeks to achieve a high impact factor in the development of science and technology.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows:
Peer Review Process
PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat is a journal published by Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat Universitas Muhammdiyah Palu.
The research article submitted to this journal will be peer-reviewed at least by 2 (two) reviewers. The accepted research articles will be available online following the journal peer-reviewing process.
PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat makes any effort to scan submitted article from plagiarism.
The decision of accepted article is the authority of editor-in-chief with regard from editorial board.
The journal is published twice a year in June and December
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Article Processing Charges
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Authors are required to pay an Article Submission Fee as part of the submission process to contribute to review costs.
Fast-Track Review: 500000.00 (IDR)
With the payment of this fee, the review, editorial decision, and author notification on this manuscript is guaranteed to take place within 4 weeks.
Article Publication: 350000.00 (IDR)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs.
PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat have a policy of screening for plagiarism. We use Anti-Plagiarism Software "ithenticate" to check the authenticity article
Publication Ethics and Malpractice PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat
In dealing with cases in research and publication, PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Journal uses guidelines issued by the Committee on Publication Ethics (Commission of Publication Ethics/COPE) in all aspects of publication ethics, in particular, protocols of research and publication misconduct. PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat requires all articles involving human subjects to respect the principles of research ethics as stated in the Declaration of Helsinki. Research involving animals as subjects are also required to comply with the International Principles for Biomedical Research issued by the International Council of Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS).
For research manuscript involving experiments on live vertebrates and/or higher invertebrates, the corresponding authors must be confirm that all experiments were performed in accordance with relevant guidelines and regulations. The manuscript must include a statement identifying the institute and/or licensing committee approving the experiments, including any relevant details. Manuscripts that lack proper ethical consideration for human or animal subjects will not be accepted for publication.
For experiments that involve human subjects, the authors must identify the committee which approved the experiments and their submission must include statement confirming that informed consent was obtained from all subjects. Authors using phase II and phase III randomized controled trials in their study should refer to the CONSORT Statement for recommendations which facilitates complete and transparent reporting of trial findings.
All animal experiments must adhere to institutional and national guidelines for the care and use of animal subjects, and this should be clearly stated within the manuscript. Manuscripts should contain a statement that advises all efforts were made to minimise animal suffering and reduce the number of animals used, and if available, efforts to utilise alternatives to invivo techniques.
As an important issue, ethical publication should be clear in order to improve the quality of research. PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat adjust to meet the ethical standards both for publishers, editors, authors, and reviewers. In order to uphold these ethical standards, the publisher does not have the rights to interfere with the integrity of the contents and the only support to publish in a timely manner.
Here are the ethical standards for editors, authors, and reviewers.
- The Editor is responsible for every article published in PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat
- Editor helps the authors follow the guidelines for authors
- The editors may communicate with other editors or reviewers in making a final decision.
- Editor assess the manuscript publication objectively, regardless the author's racial background, religion, gender, seniority, ethnicity, political beliefs, institutional affiliation or nationality. The editor must relinquish his/her duties if there is a potential conflict of interest.
- The Editor must ensure that the document which is sent to the reviewers do not contain information on the author and vice versa.
- The editor's decision must be notified to the author along with the reviewers' comments, except which contain offensive or libelous statements.
- Editors should respect the request of the author that the order is not subject to review by any other person for any reason.
- Editor and all staff must ensure the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- If there is a suspicion of error or dispute in writing, Editor solves it by using the COPE as guide.
- Reviewers comment on the possibility of errors in ethical research and publications.
- Reviewers should complete the job on time and notify the Editor if they cannot finish the job.
- Reviewers must maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should not be receiving and reviewing the manuscript if there is a potential conflict of interest between them and the authors.
- The author ensures that the material to be published have not been published and sent to another place simultaneously
- Authors must ensure the authenticity of their research and they have cited the others opinions correctly in accordance with the reference format.
- The author is not involved in plagiarism.
- 'Salami' publication is prohibited in PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat
- Authors must follow the criteria described in the writing guideline for the authors of PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat.
- Authors are not advised to publish any personal information that may make identity of the patient recognizable in the form of the description section, photograph or genealogy. If photographs of patients are very important and indispensable as scientific information, the authors should have received approval in written form and has clearly stated it.
- In the case of experiments on humans, the authors state that the study was in accordance with the ethical standards of the Helsinki declaration, which leads the human experiment. If there are doubts raised whether the study took place in accordance with the declaration, the author should explain it. In the case of experiments on animals, the author has certified that the author has followed the guidelines and abroad with regard to animal experiments in the laboratory.
- Authors must submit the data and details to the editor, if suspected falsification or fabrication of data.
- The authors should explain everything that can give rise to a conflict of interest such as employment, research costs, consulting fees, and intellectual property on guidelines for PROMOTIF: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat authors.
Digital Archiving Policy
This journal utilizes the Indonesia One Search (IOS) system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.